grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Incremental pull-based provisioning

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Incremental pull-based provisioning

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Martin van Es <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Incremental pull-based provisioning
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:29:59 -0600

Sure, if you want spml messages and you want to use the psp, you could
extend the ldap target code to noop write operations. The noop target
will need to support read operations, lookup and search, but could
just log the write operations, add, modify, and delete. Extending the
existing ldap target code to do this should be straightforward.

Full reconciliation spml messages can be produced via a bulkDiff. We
used to support detecting changes since a point in time in the past,
but it was complicated and was dropped. You could query grouper for
objects which have been changed since some point in time, and then run
a diff on each object identifier via the psp.

With a noop target, you could still use real-time provisioning via the
changelog, which would produce spml messages, incrementally.

And, I completely made up the <[bulk] calc | diff | sync /> messages,
so ymmv, although they do wrap spml.

I can comment further, but I am not sure exactly what you are trying
to do, so I'll stop here.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Martin van Es