grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] RE: vt-ldap with multiple domain controllers

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] RE: vt-ldap with multiple domain controllers

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Peter Schober" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] RE: vt-ldap with multiple domain controllers
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:44:59 -0500

Thanks for your input, it's very interesting.

I checked with someone here and it doesn't seem to be a concern right now.
All the applications use the DNS name without any concern. There might be
some "DNS magic" that checks if the controllers are still up but he isn't
sure. Either way he doesn't remember a case of it failing. For the moment
we'll simply go with retries.

We do have a nice loader balancer here so it might be used in the future...

Thanks everybody