grouper-users - [grouper-users] Brand new to Grouper / Need direction and advice

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Brand new to Grouper / Need direction and advice

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Brand new to Grouper / Need direction and advice
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:07:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

I have just installed Grouper using the installer and have been watching the
training videos (randomly).

I have a few initial questions and can't seem to find answers on the wiki.
Please feel free to point me in the correct direction.

First question, I can login into the UI using the Grouper System account, but
I don't like the password I chose at install time. How can I change it?

I want to add "wheel group" members (subjects?) that have Grouper System
privileges. How do I do that?

How do I stop and start the Grouper daemons? And the HSQL DB?

My end goal is to be able to manage AD groups using Grouper, what is the next
step I should take? Should I load AD group information into Grouper or
should I be creating groups in Grouper and then use PSP to push the group
information out to AD?

Thanks for any help and your patience with the new guy.

Cheers,

Bryan