grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Restricting access to Grouper UI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Restricting access to Grouper UI

  • From: Rahul Doshi <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>, Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Restricting access to Grouper UI
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:36:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Not sure if the bug https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-840 is same.  Seems to have been fixed in 2.1.3

Thanks,
Rahul

From: Gagné Sébastien <>
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:29 PM
To: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>

I’m running 2.1.2 API and UI

I edited : ui/conf/resources/grouper/media.properties

The one in “ui/dist/grouper/WEB-INF/classes/resources/grouper/media.properties” shows the same properties.

The “etc:GroupeAccesUI” was manually created in the UI with my grouper sysadmin account. It was not autocreated by GrouperSystem. In this group I only added an admin group that contains a bunch of other admin groups which is where the users actually are. I also tested by adding only one user in the UI group.

I tried with a user authenticated by CAS and one in the tomcat’s tomcat-user.xml (<user username="usr_gagns" password="123" roles="grouper_user"/>)

I don’t have any error in my logs