grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] sources.xml question agina

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] sources.xml question agina

  • From: Dick Visser <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] sources.xml question agina
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:04:55 +0200

On 17 August 2012 17:58, Chris Hyzer
> Thanks. Just putting it back on the list so other people can benefit.
> Just curious, did you change the sources.xml or the database, and is
> sources.xml, can you paste that part to the list? :)

I'm using a dedicated database view for Grouper, so I can fiddle
without affecting other applications.
As said my identifiers are integers, which grouper didn't like, but
this was easily solved by casting it to text in the view.
Instead of:

SELECT user_id

I used this in the view:

SELECT user_id::text AS user_id

I can find subjects through gsh.
Now the next problem is how to do searches from the web interface,
because that doesn't seem to trigger any database queries at now...

Thanks!

--
Dick Visser
System & Networking Engineer