grouper-users - [grouper-users] LDAP source unavailable

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] LDAP source unavailable

  • From: Baron Fujimoto <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] LDAP source unavailable
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:41:58 -1000

I've been trying to upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.1.1, but am encountering the
following error when I invoke gsh:

[main] ERROR SubjectCheckConfig.checkConfig(117) - - error with subject
source id: test LDAP, name: LDAP test, problem with getSubject by id, in
sources.xml: search searchSubject:
edu.internet2.middleware.subject.SourceUnavailableException: Ldap Exception:
Pool is empty and object creation failed

As far as I tell, all of the LDAP credential related items are the
same in both sources.xml. Our LDAP logs show the LDAP bind for 2.0.0,
but nothing for 2.1.1.

There are other differences between the source.xml files, but it appears
that the only ones not in id=gsa and id=grouperEntities where you are advised,
"It is recommended that you **not** change the default values for this source
adapter" appear to be related to limiting the number of results per page and
for inclause related stuff.

Any ideas?

-baron
--