grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Which apache to stick in front of toomcat?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Which apache to stick in front of toomcat?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Dick Visser <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Which apache to stick in front of toomcat?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:34:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Worker sounds ideal to me, though it shouldn’t really matter...

Thnaks,

On Behalf Of Dick Visser
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:45 AM

Hi guys

According to
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+book+-Installing+an+application+server+and+the+Grouper+UI,
it makes sense to stick Apache in front of Tomcat.
In Ubuntu, Apache comes in several flavors:

apache2-mpm-event - Apache HTTP Server - event driven model
apache2-mpm-prefork - Apache HTTP Server - traditional non-threaded model
apache2-mpm-worker - Apache HTTP Server - high speed threaded model

If I just apt-get install apache2 then it picks apache2-mpm-worker -
the 'high speed threaded model'.
I guess this is the right one?

Thanks

--