grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP bulkSync deleting all groups at the very end

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP bulkSync deleting all groups at the very end

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Holger Dippel <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP bulkSync deleting all groups at the very end
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:06:38 -0500

Bug. A pretty serious bug too when provisioning Active Directory.

Before 2.1.1, a bulkSync consumed a bulkDiff response. With 2.1.1, to
conserve memory, a bulkSync executes the same logic as a bulkDiff. The
bug is during bulkSync reconciliation : current target identifiers are
retrieved _after_ the bulkSync has executed each sync request, which
exposes the case sensitivity issue.

There are a couple of ways to fix this, probably the best is to
introduce a case sensitivity option on provisioned service object
identifiers.

The reason this bug was not caught during the release process is that
my Active Directory tests are a pain to setup and failed silently. I
will fix that too. Hopefully, tonight.

TomZ

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Tom Zeller