grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Role and Permission attributes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Role and Permission attributes

  • From: "Klug, Lawrence" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, Tom Barton <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Role and Permission attributes
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:11:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Chris,

Let me see if I can visualize the data flow for this use case.

Data flows into grouper

1.       Admin UI – Plone Contexts/roles/permissions are modeled in Grouper as Resources/Roles/Actions (one-off task)

2.       Admin UI – administrator grants access to Plone resources for  Persons or Groups

3.       Web Service calls from Plone – administrator manages access from within Plone -  synchronize data in Grouper

Data flows from Grouper to LDAP

Provision Groups/Roles/Perms to the LDAP Enterprise directory via PSP (real time provisioning?)

Custom objectClass holds Plone-specific attributes applied to Persons and Groups

Data flows from LDAP to Plone

1.        Shibboleth login – custom attributes are released to Plone and authorization happens.

2.       May require Grouper WS call to Grouper to check that data is in sync

The other scenario you mentioned would provision all data to Plone directly from Grouper?  How would that work?  Are there any other examples aside from the Unix  Permissions demo?

Thanks,

Lawrence