grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper and .NET

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper and .NET

  • From: "Caskey, Paul" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper and .NET
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 01:29:41 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I’m looking for a good way to call the Grouper WS with a Microsoft .NET client of recent vintage (this page is not helpful for anything other than VS 2005: https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/.NET+Clients+for+Grouper+WS).

Microsoft dropped support for WSE after Visual Studio 2005 (in favor of WCF) and I’m not sure what the best way is to deal with that.  So far, everything I’ve tried for VS 2008 and VS 2010 has problems.

I can get my stuff mostly working if I do it in VS 2005, but that’s really too old to be viable anymore.

And, maybe this is related, but, even in VS 2005, if my response from the WS is fairly large, my code throws an ‘socket aborted’ exception, but only after successfully iterating through all of the response data (members in a specified composite group, in this case, 29 members to be exact).  If the response is smaller (like asking for a user’s groups), it works fine in VS 2005.

Anyone have any Grouper .NET dev tips?

TIA,

-Paul

  • [grouper-users] Grouper and .NET, Caskey, Paul, 06/13/2012