grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Find groups Lite REST by exact attribute value

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Find groups Lite REST by exact attribute value

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Find groups Lite REST by exact attribute value
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:59:12 -0500

Hi,

> Hmmm, yeah, I dont see it, sorry. Do you need this before
> 2.2?

I am doing (part of) the COmanage Grouper integration by
creating a CakePHP data source that uses Grouper instead of a
relational database table to store group information.

I need to attach to each group an Id attribute. The value is
given to me by CakePHP.

When the PHP code needs to lookup a group I get that Id
attribute and need to find the group.

For now I can find all groups with that attribute and sort
through them to find the particular Id value I was given. Then
I can query the group directly for information. Eventually,
however, that will not scale well.

> If so, I could probably make this work with a param
> (temporarily) in 2.1.1 before the eventual wsdl change in
> 2.2...

I think we can wait for 2.2. If I see scaling problems I will
get back to you about a temporary short cut.

Thanks,

Scott

P.S. This work is also what motivated my RFE for an
auto-incrementing integer type for attribute values. I have
configured CakePHP for now to use a UUID string for the Id
instead of an auto-incrementing integer but would like to put
that back at some point (it makes things cleaner than the
UUID).