grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] another group privilege for hasMember?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] another group privilege for hasMember?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] another group privilege for hasMember?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:47:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Basically instead of granting READ to the service principal for the application on the group, if we had READ_HAS_MEMBER we could assign that and then the service principal would be able to call the hasMember web service but not the getGroups for a user or getMembers for the group or getMemberships or access the members from LDAP (since READ allows that)… I will just make a custom web service for this case and not allow the service principal access to the grouper WS or LDAP so it will be fine.  It would also work if we had a login assertion for this membership as an entitlement, but it is an android mobile application not a web application…