Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
- To: Grouper Users <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] organization registry in Grouper?
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:08:32 -0800 (PST)
At a recent event it was mentioned by someone who is involved with Kuali Rice that there is an investigation happening into a prospective new Rice component that would be called "Kuali Organization Management" (KOM). As with most other things Kuali, the current notion is to start with an existing university-developed system and expand on it. In this case that system is from Michigan State University, known there as "Organization of Interest". Here is an entry point for info about that system:
The descriptions are understandably MSU-local (old and new org codes, etc) but I think people can get the general idea of scope and function: management of entries for organizations, relationships among them (hierarchical and otherwise), interesting business-related attributes, etc. Typical registry stuff.
At that above-mentioned event, a knowledgable person said: gee, Grouper can do all those things. How about that, we all said. Very cool.
As I look through Grouper docs, ie the stuff in
I'm not seeing anything obvious about using Grouper for this functionality. Perhaps I missed something.
So my questions are:
Are there docs on using Grouper for an org registry service?
Is any Grouper site out there actually doing this, or planning to?
- RL "Bob"
- [grouper-users] organization registry in Grouper?, RL 'Bob' Morgan, 01/11/2012
- RE: [grouper-users] organization registry in Grouper?, Chris Hyzer, 01/11/2012
- Re: [grouper-users] organization registry in Grouper?, Tom Barton, 01/11/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.