grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Grouper1.5.3 Group membership update lite "Incorrect XML"

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Grouper1.5.3 Group membership update lite "Incorrect XML"

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Wang, Simon" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper1.5.3 Group membership update lite "Incorrect XML"
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:45:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Did you do it for XML too?

  /** xml content type */

  TEXT_XML("text/xml;charset=utf-8"),

From: Wang, Simon [mailto:]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:26 PM
To: Chris Hyzer;

Hi Chris,

I changed all utf-8 to iso-8859-1, but it didn’t work. The normal search and “Manage members”, and “Add members” (without Ajax) worked fine with accent characters (add, search, display). But the “Manage members lite” did not show the accent characters correctly (with ? instead).

After adding  APPLICATION_JSON("application/json;charset=iso-8859-1"), in “Manage members lite”, the accent characters can be displayed correctly, but I still get the error “Error type: LoadXML Description: Incorrect XML” if the result contains accent character. If the result contains no accent character, then everything works fine.

I also added iso-8859-1 to other places as recommended by the link you gave. Unfortunately, it’s still not working.

With Firefox I get error, but when I use Google Chrome browser I can see the results:

From the screenshot, the display of Ajax results is not correct (testg2), but the page display is correct (elàine2 zhào2). My question is where is the code controlling the Ajax display.

We are not ready to upgrade to G2, but we definitively can patch our version, but I have to find out a solution.

Thanks a lot!

Simon