grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] the different between group and folder

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] the different between group and folder

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: lucy <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] the different between group and folder
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:23:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I think uPortal does things more like what you describe. In Grouper a folder
is a namespace which qualifies a group. So the lines between memberOf and
items underneath the namespace do not get confusing. A folder and a group
also have different privileges. In a folder you can create objects, or
create subfolders. In a group you can admin it, change membership, read
membership, view, etc. Folders are also used to qualify other objects on the
namespace: permissions, attributes, other folders, etc

On Behalf Of lucy