grouper-users - [grouper-users] use cases for ldap loader to grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] use cases for ldap loader to grouper

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] use cases for ldap loader to grouper
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:20:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey,

I’m implementing the Grouper-loader type of job for an LDAP source, and I wanted to make sure I am covering all the use cases…  my ldap terminology is not exact, but hopefully you will get my meaning.  Let me know any feedback, especially if there is something missing.  Btw, the more detailed of an example you can provide the more likely I will understand it J.  And yes, eventually this could be done with LDAPPC instead…

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+-+Loader+LDAP

Use cases currently expected to be covered:

SIMPLE: a single group is loaded from ldap, you specify the ldap filter, the attribute that has user ids (could be multi-valued), and how the userid is converted to a subject API subject id (e.g. direct, or take the uid or cn part of the dn).  Note, the objects returned from ldap could be users or groups or whatever

LIST_OF_GROUPS: filter returns group objects, the systemName / displayExtension / description  of the groups in grouper can be based on attributes in the group object (including translation), and each group object has a multivalued attribute which has the uid’s or cns of the subjects which can be directly used as subject api ids/identifiers or unwrapped from the dn

GROUPS_FROM_ATTRIBUTES: filter returns user objects, which have an attribute for uid or cn which can be unwrapped for the subject api, and each user object has a multi-valued attribute (e.g. an affiliation).  The groups will be in a folder, with the name of the attribute, and the members will be the users who have that attribute value

Thoughts?

  • [grouper-users] use cases for ldap loader to grouper, Chris Hyzer, 09/28/2011