grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Problem with configuration of Grouper Plugin for Shibboleth

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Problem with configuration of Grouper Plugin for Shibboleth

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Jie Lv <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Problem with configuration of Grouper Plugin for Shibboleth
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:32:27 -0500

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Jie Lv
> So I understand, what do you think the problem is between lines 199-200 ?
> ---
> Line 199 is:
> nameAttribute.setValues(GrouperUtil.toList(new String[] { name }));
> I don't quite understand why you're using GrouperUtil.toList( ) instead of
> Java Util classess to construct a list?

As Chris said, there's more than one way to do it, and _sometimes_ I
succeed at consistency :-)

> Originally I was using Shib IdP version 2.1.1. I thought the problem might
> have something to do with the fact that Shib IdP version was too old. Now I
> switched to use Shib IdP version 2.3.3, the latest version. The problem are
> exactly the same.

Makes sense.

> I examined your code for MemberDataConnector. I found that both line 257 and
> 261 are the same " return attributes; ".
> The log information in idp-process.log is given by code from line 249 to
> 256, just before line 257. But line 257 is the return value of the function
> below:
> public Map<String, BaseAttribute> callback(GrouperSession grouperSession)
>
> And line 261 is the return value of the function below:
> public Map<String, BaseAttribute> resolve(ShibbolethResolutionContext
> resolutionContext)
>
> The variable "attributes" in line 261, INSTEAD OF the variable in line 257 ,
> is the value to be used by Shibboleth.
> I'm not quite sure why you wrote the code like this.

As Chris said, it is an anonymous inner class. I don't really like it
that much either, but it exists to ensure that the GrouperSession is
started by the subject which is optionally configured in the attribute
resolver configuration, per data connnector. Otherwise, the
GrouperSession is static to either the jvm or threadlocal.

I don't think this is the problem, but I understand why you have
pointed this out.