grouper-users - [grouper-users] Provisioning Consumer released

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Provisioning Consumer released

  • From: Nathan Kopp <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Provisioning Consumer released
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:25:18 -0400

I am happy to release some code that we’ve been working on for our internal Grouper project.

We needed to create a connector to allow group membership information to be pushed from Grouper to Oracle’s Siebel CRM product.  To achieve this, we started with the “EsbConsumer” code, which is part of the Grouper 1.6 distribution.  This code is a “ChangeLog Consumer”, which runs inside Grouper Loader (part of gsh) and monitors the changelog.  Any changes, such as the creation of new groups or membership changes (both direct and indirect) are sent to the changelog, and to every changelog consumer that is configured in grouper-loader.properties.

The ChangeLogConsumerBase API itself can be a little tricky to work with, especially since every implementation needs to re-implement certain common functionality.  Using EsbConsumer as a starting point, we created a “wrapper” that handles most of the “grunt work”, allowing the developer to work with a simpler API and focus only on the code necessary to communicate with the external system.  We believe that this will help to decrease future development costs as we work to control more systems via Grouper.

If you are planning to use Grouper to push data to an external system, you might want to look into this option.  Here’s more information, including the source code:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Provisioning+Consumer

Nathan Kopp

Applications Strategist

Information Technology Group

Campus Crusade for Christ, Int’l

407-826-2939 Office | 407-484-8485 Mobile | 407-826-2968 Fax