grouper-users - [grouper-users] Problem with GrouperSession

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Problem with GrouperSession

  • From: Michal Prochazka <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Problem with GrouperSession
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:25:59 +0200

Hi all,

Firstly thanks for this great piece of software!

We are using Grouper as a component inside our project. We use directly
Java API. Now when we have deployed our web GUI of our application which
calls API of our application which then calls Grouper API for some tasks
we observe randomly this kind of exception: There is no open
GrouperSession detected. Make sure to start a grouper session (e.g.
GrouperSession.start() ) before calling this method.

When the web application starts it calls method which calls
GrouperSession.startRootSession(true), so the session exists. We have
gone through a source code of the GSH and Grouper UI, but we couldn't
find the right way how to start and maintain GrouperSession.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Michal P.
--