grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] multiple LDAP for sources.xml?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] multiple LDAP for sources.xml?

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] multiple LDAP for sources.xml?
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 13:59:11 -0500

> You can have multiple of any type, mix and match, so yes.

Thanks. I wante to confirm that before further debugging.

So I am trying to add a second LDAP as a source but this LDAP
should be contacted using an anonymous bind. I have configured
sources.xml to look like this:

<init-param>
<param-name>INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY</param-name>
<param-value>com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>PROVIDER_URL</param-name>
<param-value>ldap://my.server.edu</param-value>
</init-param>

I am not specifying SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION,
SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, nor
SECURITY_PROTOCOL.

I would have thought then that this should enable an anonymous
bind, according to the documentation for LdapCtxFactory, but I
keep getting errors in grouper_error.log.

Is there anything in the grouper Java code that is requiring a
non-anonymous bind?

(Yes, I can hit the server with other clients using an
anonymous bind...).

Thanks,

Scott