grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] auto-create stems via web services?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] auto-create stems via web services?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Erik Froese <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] auto-create stems via web services?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 15:19:33 -0400

If you go here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Group+Save

And click on the request object on non lite:

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/i2mi/trunk/grouper-ws/grouper-ws/doc/api/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/ws/rest/group/WsRestGroupSaveRequest.html?view=co

Then click on WsGroupToSave:

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/i2mi/trunk/grouper-ws/grouper-ws/doc/api/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/ws/soap/WsGroupToSave.html?view=co

And you see: createParentStemsIfNotExist

So if you are using non-lite, the answer is yes. I added a jira to add this
to the lite services, not sure when that will happen though...

On Behalf Of Erik Froese