grouper-users - [grouper-users] Jasig Spring meeting CFP extended

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Jasig Spring meeting CFP extended

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, MACE-Dir <>, Identity Management Constituent Group Discussion list <>,
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Jasig Spring meeting CFP extended
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:59:27 -0600

I thought you should know that the call for proposals for the Jasig annual conference has been extended one week, to Friday, January 21, 2011.

This year Jasig's annual conference will be held back-to-back with the Advance CAMP in the same hotel outside of Denver at the end of May. It will be a great opportunity to network with your colleagues and to influence how open source products integrate with a campus environment. Please plan to come and contribute!

Tom
--
Tom Barton
Senior Director for Architecture, Integration, and Security & CISO

--

Jasig's "Spotlight on Open Source"

Monday, May 23 through Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Westin Westminster Hotel, Westminster, CO

...Followed by InCommon Advance CAMP: Identity Services Summit 2011, May 25 - 27 (separate registration)

Supplementary half-day Jasig Seminars on Sunday, May 22 and the afternoon of Wednesday, May 25.
Developer Workshops, May 26-27

Call for Proposals Extended by 1 week

Deadline for submission of proposals: Friday, January 21, 2011

We invite you to propose talks, birds-of-a-feather sessions, demos, and poster session displays on open source campus applications, issues facing you and your campus, innovative work that your team has done...

Talks will be presented in one of five tracks:

  • Jasig Projects
    Bedework, CAS, uPortal, Portlets.  We're looking for presentations on development, implementation, integration, and governance
  • The Incubator
    For presentations on projects in the Jasig Incubator (OpenRegistry, IT Ecosystem, HelpDesk, Portlets, etc.) and those that would like to be (Yours...?)
  • Friends and Partners
    We welcome proposals from our colleagues at Sakai, Internet2 Middleware, Fluid, OpenCast, Kuali, Duraspace, and other projects that benefit the academic mission
  • Communities of Interest
    Promoting Open Source success (2-3-98), Issues in Identity Management (FIFER), Openness, Agile Processes, Teaching and Learning
  • Technologies for Open Source
    What are the open source technologies that will impact us in the coming years?  What new technologies are you using or evaluating for open source development?

Proposals require a title, an abstract (under 1000 words), a presenter profile for each speaker, and some basic affiliation information.

Submit your proposal directly at https://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/proposal/48

Start spreading the news!

At Jasig's Spotlight on Open Source you can:

  • Attend hands-on training for applications from Jasig and from colleagues in other open source communities.
  • Discuss common problems and solutions with peers from around the world
  • See how other campuses are deploying the open source applications that are important to you
  • Learn from inspiring speakers

Starting next week, January 20th, 2011, you will be able to register online to attend this exciting event.

Visit the conference website at: http://www.jasig.org/jasigs-spotlight-open-source

Or let everyone know you're coming on the Facebook event page at:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121295681268875

We look forward to seeing you at Spotlight on Open Source!

-The Jasig 2011 Spring Conference Planning Committee

  • [grouper-users] Jasig Spring meeting CFP extended, Tom Barton, 01/14/2011