grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] OpenLDAP authentication problems using LDAPPC and Grouper 1.5

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] OpenLDAP authentication problems using LDAPPC and Grouper 1.5

  • From: Mark Cairney <>
  • To: Francesco Malvezzi <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] OpenLDAP authentication problems using LDAPPC and Grouper 1.5
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:14:25 +0000

Hi Francesco,

I don't have that file at all in my installation- unfortunately I didn't actually install Grouper myself- I was just asked to investigate whether it was possible to have grouper groups populated onto our OpenLDAP service.

I tried creating that file with the contents you listed and it's still trying to bind anonymously.

The contents of my conf directory are:

README.txt ldappc.example.properties
ddl ldappc.properties
ehcache.example.xml ldappc.properties.bak
ehcache.xml ldappc.properties.orig
grouper-loader.example.properties ldappc.xml
grouper-loader.properties log4j.example.properties
grouper.ehcache.example.xml log4j.properties
grouper.ehcache.xml morphString.example.properties
grouper.example.properties morphString.properties
grouper.hibernate.example.properties server.example.properties
grouper.hibernate.properties server.properties
grouper.properties sources.example.xml
ldappc-internal.example.xml sources.original
ldappc-ldap.xml sources.xml
ldappc-resolver.example.xml spy.example.properties
ldappc-services.example.xml spy.properties
ldappc.example.ad.xml sqltool.rc
ldappc.example.openldap.xml

Up to this point the only files I've amended are the ldappc.xml and the ldappc.properties files, as described at:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/LDAPPC

For the record I am now using the password in plaintext in my ldappc.xml.

Thanks for all your help so far with this.

Kind regards,

Mark