grouper-users - [grouper-users] standard groups service: interested? use cases?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] standard groups service: interested? use cases?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] standard groups service: interested? use cases?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:57:38 -0500

Hey,

Some people who work on different software applications (Grouper, Kuali, uPortal, Sakai, Comanage, Open Registry, FedApp, etc) are interested in designing a standard groups service that various groups stores (including Grouper) could implement to make working with Groups more pluggable.  I will omit the rest of the details… J  I am curious…

1.       Are you interested in using such a thing?

2.       We are exploring use cases to kick off the project… whether or not #1 is a yes, do you have some use cases that you would want the standard Groups service to satisfy (e.g. maybe examples of apps that use Grouper, and what parts they use)

Feel free to reply to just me and I can collate and distribute back…

Ps. Note, this would not replace Grouper’s web services, it would be in addition… J

  • [grouper-users] standard groups service: interested? use cases?, Chris Hyzer, 11/17/2010