grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Get readers and viewers to work with grouperloader

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Get readers and viewers to work with grouperloader

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Ellen Sluss <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Get readers and viewers to work with grouperloader
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 14:41:59 -0400

You need two queries:

1. for the users which has subject_id and group_name (this is set in
grouperLoaderQuery attribute)
2. this is a row for each group, e.g. have a col for group_name, readers,
updaters, (this is set in the grouperLoaderGroupQuery attribute)

About the everyone having read and view, the loader will only append to the
default privileges, not remove what is already there. This is because you
might want to manually add some one-offs to a group or two but not all...

You might be able to do a hook for that, let me know if you are interested
and we can give it a shot... Penn doesn't give world privs by default for
privacy, so I haven't run across that yet... I think that is a better
default for FERPA compliance in a university deployment with student groups,
but it is up to you...

Note, the rules in engine in Grouper 2.0 will allow a system wide default of
off for world readability, then allow certain folders to be recursively world
readable...

On Behalf Of Ellen Sluss