grouper-users - JEXL With Conditionals in media.properties

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

JEXL With Conditionals in media.properties

  • From: Colin Hudler <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: JEXL With Conditionals in media.properties
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:58:37 -0500

Hi,

We use the LiteUI and it is great that some properties allow an embedded parser (is it JEXL?). I need to customize subject displays, so I am using the property:

"grouperUi.subjectImg.screenEl.0"

Unfortunately, it fails this simple test:

${if (true) { "hello"; }}

The Add member box in LiteUI says:

"Error searching for members: chudler, Error substituting string: '${if (true) { "hello"; }}'"

Does it even support conditionals? Does anyone have a link to the syntax for the version grouper is shipping with?

Would grouper-devs consider JEXL 2.0 at some point? It supports ternary operators and many other enhancements. However, it is not a drop-in replacement; Apparenlty, some API changes have occured. Yet a more active alternative is <http://velocity.apache.org/engine/index.html>.