grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper v1.5.3 wheel group user add user issues

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper v1.5.3 wheel group user add user issues

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: "Wang, Simon" <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper v1.5.3 wheel group user add user issues
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:08:58 +0100

Hi Simon,

A new bug was introduced when trying to fix an error when paging results. It is fixed for the next version, 1.6, which we expect to release in the next 2-3 weeks.

You can try updating:
grouper-ui/java/src/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/ui/actions/PrepareRepositoryBrowserStemsAction.java

and

grouper-ui/java/src/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/ui/AbstractRepositoryBrowser.java

from Subversion*. They should still work with 1.5.3 - but I haven't tried it.

*If you prefer I can email you the files off list.

Gary

--On 31 May 2010 11:05 -0700 "Wang, Simon"

I am using Grouper v1.5.3 release with Shibboleth authentication,
groups.wheel.use= true in grouper.properties, and a wheel group
groups.wheel.group= Services:Grouper:Subjects:administrators.

After logging in to Grouper and switched to admin, when I browse a group
and try to add a member, I got this error "Browse folders and groups
for membersError!".

I tried using Grouper release v1.5.0 pointing to the same database, and
got no problem at all.

Does anyone know what causes this problem, and how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Simon

Here is the error message from the server log:

2010-05-31 10:49:27,583: [TP-Processor14] ERROR
InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(920) - ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/jsp/browseStemsFind.jsp':
ServletException:java.lang.RuntimeException: Not expecting child:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.util.SubjectAsMap

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Not expecting child:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.util.SubjectAsMap

at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag
.java:880)

at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:460)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Not expecting child:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.util.SubjectAsMap

at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.actions.PrepareRepositoryBrowserStems
Action.grouperExecute(PrepareRepositoryBrowserStemsAction.java:473)

at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.actions.LowLevelGrouperCapableAction.
execute(LowLevelGrouperCapableAction.java:123)

at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPro
cessor.java:424)

... 127 more

2010-05-31 10:49:27,589: [TP-Processor14] ERROR
InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(920) - ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/jsp/FindNewMembers.jsp':
ServletException:javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/jsp/browseStemsFind.jsp':
ServletException:java.lang.RuntimeException: Not expecting child:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.util.SubjectAsMaporg.apache.jasper.Ja
sperException: javax.servlet.ServletException:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/jsp/browseStemsFind.jsp':
ServletException:java.lang.RuntimeException: Not expecting child:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.util.SubjectAsMap

at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServlet
Wrapper.java:522)

Simon Wang

Sr. Programmer Analyst

Information Technology - University of British Columbia

6356 Agricultural Road, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z2, Canada

Phone: 604-822-0387

Email:

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing