grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: gsh.sh script whitespace problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: gsh.sh script whitespace problem

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: gsh.sh script whitespace problem
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:00:56 +0200

* Imholz, John J.
<>
[2010-05-27 16:28]:
> Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I see the need to write some gsh
> scripts with loops and conditionals. Collapsing them into one line
> really hurts maintainability.

Fyi, sind I have no real experience with gsh (or Beanshell, for that
matter), but Python (or rather Jython http://jython.org/) can easily
be used with Java. See for example the new Free book on Jython:
http://jythonpodcast.hostjava.net/jythonbook/en/1.0/JythonAndJavaIntegration.html
Jython is a Python implementation for the JVM (started when not
everyone had an interpreterof their language for the JVM ;) and can be
used as glue, wrapper, scripting, etc. for all Java objects.
-peter