grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Example Groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Example Groups

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: "Imholz, John J." <>
  • Cc: "''" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Example Groups
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:31:16 -0500

John,

U Chicago has a naming plan for groups described at <https://wiki.uchicago.edu/display/idm/Group+Names>.

Just having a plan or standard has been quite helpful, as it allows implementers to get on with real work without having to stumble on how to name things or where to stick them. This plan has also been working out reasonably well - we haven't had to improvise in any large scale way yet.

Tom

Imholz, John J. wrote:
We're just getting started with Grouper here. We've had a server up
and running a few weeks, and we've actually loaded some groups with
loader.

What I'm looking for is more examples of how different institutions
are coming up with their group structure, names and lessons learned
(maybe I'm making this harder than I need to.)

The second request would be for some more examples of groups with
entitlement strings (how they look in both Grouper and LDIF)

Does anyone consider this sensitive info?

jji