grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] retrieveSubjectDetail versus ws.subject.result.attribute.names

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] retrieveSubjectDetail versus ws.subject.result.attribute.names

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Colin Hudler <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] retrieveSubjectDetail versus ws.subject.result.attribute.names
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:29:32 -0400

The way this was designed, there are two levels of built-in attributes, and
you can request any one-offs.

If you don't want details, then you get stuff in:

# subject attribute names to send back when a WsSubjectResult is sent, comma
separated
# e.g. name, netid
# default is none
ws.subject.result.attribute.names =

If you don't want people to get stuff with no details, don't put anything
there.
If the request wants details, then put that here:

# subject result attribute names when extended data is requested (comma
separated)
# default is name, description
# note, these will be in addition to ws.subject.result.attribute.names
ws.subject.result.detail.attribute.names = PENNNAME, EMAIL

So, I guess to summarize, details doesn't mean any attributes, it just means
what they grouper admin put in the config file for it to mean... ok?

Thanks!