grouper-users - Grouper Shell : Export/Import encoding

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Grouper Shell : Export/Import encoding

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Grouper Shell : Export/Import encoding
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:21:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everybody,

As suggested in a previous thread, we're migrating from grouper 1.4.2 to
grouper 1.5.2 but we're experiencing some difficulties with the -exportxml
and -importxml (update method 1).

First of all, there is a problem with the columns creator_id, modifier_id,
modify_time and create_time of most tables. Those columns are set to the user
who imports the XML and the time of the import.

Is there anything we can do in order to prevent this from happening? (We have
2 types of groups defined by those informations : user created and automatic)

Second point is the XML encoding. As we use grouper in an french context, we
could have some accents (example: é, à, ...) which are correctly encoded in
an ISO mode ( è => è ) using "StringEscapeUtils.escapeXml" in grouper.
But when we imports the XML, There is no "StringEscapeUtils.unescapeXml" so
the datas are inserted in the database as recovered (with encoding).
Both databases are UTF-8 encoded.

Is it unknown? or is there a solution?

We'll try to use the second update method but it's far longer than the first
one.

Thanks in advance.

Christophe