Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
RE: [grouper-users] loader not noticing new grouperLoaderQuartzCron entries?
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: "" <>, "" <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] loader not noticing new grouperLoaderQuartzCron entries?
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:55:30 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
Unfortunately, currently if you make a new loader job you will need to
restart the loader. If there is an existing job, and you change some
settings, then the next time the job runs, it should apply the new settings.
I added a jira to look into making this better:
Not sure when it will be fixed, but I think it is a good and useful idea.
From: Dominique Petitpierre
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:24 AM
Subject: [grouper-users] loader not noticing new grouperLoaderQuartzCron
after creating a new group in the Admin UI with the type grouperLoader
and an attribute grouperLoaderQuartzCron, the running loader daemon
did not notice it and thus did not update the group at the required
times. Restarting the "gsh.sh -loader" process fixed the problem so
it was not a case of bad group configuration.
- Is there a way to configure the loader to notice new entries?
- Is there way to tell the Grouper loader process to reread the
grouperLoaderQuartzCron entries, so that it does not miss any
scheduled task (a risk when restarting)?
E.g. something like the common "kill -HUP pid" on Unix.
Thanks in advance for your answers!
Mr Dominique Petitpierre, user=Dominique.Petitpierre domain=unige.ch
Division Informatique, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- loader not noticing new grouperLoaderQuartzCron entries?, Dominique Petitpierre, 02/16/2010
- RE: [grouper-users] loader not noticing new grouperLoaderQuartzCron entries?, Chris Hyzer, 02/16/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.