grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC logging level

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC logging level

  • From: Paul Engle <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC logging level
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:11:50 -0600

Tim,

You're probably running afoul of a limit set in FDS. We're
still stuck on FDS1.0.4, but I don't think the basic config
attributes have changed much. Check the value of the attribute
nsslapd-maxbersize on the cn=config object. That's going to be
the maximum size, in bytes, of the LDAP message the server will
accept. Our largest group only has around 10k or so members, so
we haven't hit this (yet).

-paul

- --On Monday, February 08, 2010 2:37 PM -0700 Tim Darby

> Thanks. this is what I needed.  What's happening is that I'm
> trying to provision a group that has over 62,000 hasMember
> attributes using LDAPPC in 1.4.2 and I'm getting this error
> in Fedora Directory Server 1.2:
>
> conn=864146 op=-1 fd=64 closed error 90 (Message too long) -
> B2
>
> I can reproduce this using ldapmodify and I've determined
> that somewhere between 32,000 and 35,000 hasMember attributes
> is the maximum that I can send to FDS without error.
> Anything I can do with LDAPPC (or FDS) to get around this?
>
> Tim
>

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Tom Zeller
> <>
> wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to increase the amount of logging for LDAPPC
>> in Grouper 1.4.2?
>
> Short of modifying source code and recompiling, there's just
> log4j.properties
>
> log4j.logger.edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc = DEBUG
>
> which you likely tried already. Logging is improved in 1.5,
> including
> writing changes as LDIF.
>
> Are you confronting a particular issue ?
>
> TomZ

- --
Paul D. Engle | Rice University
Sr. Systems Administrator | Information Technology - MS119
(713)348-4702 | PO Box 1892