grouper-users - ws subject name and description

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

ws subject name and description

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: ws subject name and description
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:19:28 -0400

Hey,

When web services were created, the subjects were not done properly.

1. There was no description property, though in the subject API there is a
description property

2. name was never populated in the WsSubject structure

The workaround was to request name/description as attributes, and they were
returned as attributes.

I cant add a description property without breaking existing clients before we
have a WS versioning strategy, so I fixed the name part.

This is improved in 1.5.0, and later when we have WS versioning, we can add
the description property if we want.

So if the subject is resolved for some reason (attributes are requested, or
includeSubjectDetail is T), then the name of the subject will be set in the
name of the WsSubject. If you were requesting "name" as an attribute, it
will still work that way too

Regards,
Chris

  • ws subject name and description, Chris Hyzer, 10/27/2009