grouper-users - example of managing classlists with the Grouper loader

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

example of managing classlists with the Grouper loader

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: example of managing classlists with the Grouper loader
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:51:31 -0400

Hey,

At Penn we loaded in our classlists with the Grouper loader, and I documented
how to set it up.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+loader+classlist+example+from+Penn

This includes lists of students, instructors, assistants (to instructors),
guests, and all members. The students, instructors, and assistants are fed
from our student system, so they should be include/exclude. The guests are
an ad hoc group. The "all" members should include the groups: students,
instructors, assistants, guests. There can be cross listings (multiple names
for a course), and the cross listing groups should just contain the primary
course groups (5 groups: all, students, instructors, guests, assistants).
Security should be setup on all courses such that there is a global readers
group, a global updaters group, and in each course the instructors and
assistants should be able to read and update the appropriate groups.

Regards,
Chris

  • example of managing classlists with the Grouper loader, Chris Hyzer, 10/18/2009