grouper-users - user auditing and org hierarchies

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

user auditing and org hierarchies

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: user auditing and org hierarchies
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:42:48 -0400

Hey,

Here is the demo I gave at the Internet2 grouper working group meeting (you
need the xvid codec to see the screen movies: http://www.xvid.org/), and
don't payy attention to hearing my kids running around in the background :) ):

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/User+auditing#Userauditing-Demo
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/download/attachments/4064899/userAuditing.avi

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Organization+hierarchies
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/download/attachments/4065782/orgs_part1.avi
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/download/attachments/4065782/orgs_part2.avi
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/download/attachments/4065782/orgs_part3.avi
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/download/attachments/4065782/orgs_part4.avi

Please give me any feedback.

To make this work, I added the following enhancements:

1. added a pre-execute hook on loader jobs

2. if you have a group specified in the group loader metadata query, but
there are no memberships in the group, it will be created as a placeholder

3. there is a new ddl type for this org poc, and more configs in the
grouper.properties

#####################################
## org management
#####################################

# if the orgs table(s) should be included in the DDL (includes the
hierarchical table
orgs.includePocOrgsTablesInDdl = false

# loader connection of the database where orgs are (grouper means the grouper
db in grouper.hibernate.properties)
orgs.databaseName = grouper

#table name of the org table (can prefix by schema name if you like)
orgs.orgTableName = grouperorgs_poc_orgs

#column names of this table
orgs.orgIdCol = id
orgs.orgNameCol = org_name
orgs.orgDisplayNameCol = org_display_name
orgs.orgParentIdCol = parent_id

#stem where the orgs are, e.g. poc:orgs
orgs.parentStemName = poc:orgs

#org config name
orgs.configGroupName = poc:orgs:orgsConfig

regards,
Chris

  • user auditing and org hierarchies, Chris Hyzer, 04/28/2009