grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] who is in your subject source?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] who is in your subject source?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] who is in your subject source?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:26:44 -0500

How do other schools define your subject source for people at your institution? Only actives? Everyone in your system even if they were inactivated 10 years ago? Active people, and people who were recently inactivated?

At Memphis, our subject source includes everyone, basically forever.

We avoid unresolvables, and our provisioner is responsible for filtering memberships; our downstream targets usually have different active/inactive criteria. Our custom UI also filters potential users, or at least it should :)

We haven't yet cleaned up group memberships for 'really old' user accounts, but were hoping for some sort of rule-based memberships in grouper, e.g. automatically remove members without the active staff role, but we could run a quartz job periodically, or use hooks.

TomZ