grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Download struts-patch?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Download struts-patch?

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, , Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Download struts-patch?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:19:58 +0100

--On 20 April 2009 10:32 -0400 Chris Hyzer

Are you talking about this?

http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/groups/grouper/grouper-0.9/ui-docs/co
ntrib/struts-patch/README.html

It is in the UI source code under contrib..

Speaking of which, I didn't know this was optional, so when I build the
grouper-ui.jar in the latest 1.4.2, I put these classes in there, and I
have a struts.jar without these classes in there. Gary, is this not ok,
do these truly need to be optional? Should we not put these in the
grouper-ui.jar, and just revert the struts.jar, and just put them in the
classes dir to override? Since they don't change that much this
strategy should be fine...
It is a while since I looked at this. Struts lets you have a second level path which maps to different config elements so you can try to run > 1 UI variation from one webapp (Grouper connections are the same but the UI can look different). My patch gives a mechanism for ensuring that the path is maintained though you sometimes have to add a tiles attribute to make it work. Originally Tom wanted to separate any of our changes from the core Struts - and make them optional so that people could upgrade Struts without having undue dependencies.

I haven't used the feature much myself and I'm not sure how many others have.

None of the contribs should be automatically part of the grouper-ui.jar