grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Non-deletable admin?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Non-deletable admin?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Non-deletable admin?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:01:40 -0400

You have a group called groupA.
The admin is JohnSmith, add that person to the admin list for groupA.
Then you have securityGroupA who can admin groupA. Add ScottJohnson and
AmyWilliams to securityGroupA (member list). Then add securityGroupA to the
readers and updaters for groupA. Then also add securityGroupA to the readers
and updaters of securityGroupA.

Now the people who maintain that group (Amy and Scott), can edit the list of
groupA, and they can edit the list of who can edit the list (change the
membership of securityGroupA), but they cannot remove the superadmin (John),
and they cannot do bad things like rename the group. If you have a couple of
superadmins, then make that a group too so you can add another John without
editing a bunch of groups...

Sound good?