grouper-users - MACE-Dir WG Survey on Group Usage - deadline for responses Friday 3-April-2009

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

MACE-Dir WG Survey on Group Usage - deadline for responses Friday 3-April-2009

  • From: Steve Olshansky <>
  • To: , Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: MACE-Dir WG Survey on Group Usage - deadline for responses Friday 3-April-2009
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:44:18 -0600

Hello All-
The MACE-Dir working group has prepared a survey on group usage, and we would greatly appreciate your input.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=JcJlV1iIc00r4V31rXHw1A_3d_3d
password: groups2

The intent is to present aggregate data about responses at the MACE- Dir session at the Spring Internet2 Member Meeting in April. A preview of the survey is available at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/macedir/Survey+on+Group+Usage

Note that we request some basic demographic information, to help us in our analysis. Only Institution and Job Title are required, and we will keep individual responses anonymous. If you are willing to include your name and e-mail address in case we want to contact you for follow- up information, that would be appreciated.

Survey Strategy and Goals
The intent of this survey is to collect feedback from a variety of institutions and organizations within higher education about their current Directory Group usage in LDAP, their current and anticipated needs for Directory Groups, and what gap(s) they see between the tools they currently have at their disposal and what would meet their needs. Our aim is to then use the results of the survey process to inform our thinking about Directory Group tools and to measure existing tools with an eye toward making them as widely useful as possible.

Thanks-
Steve

--
Steve Olshansky
Internet2 Middleware & Security Flywheel

  • MACE-Dir WG Survey on Group Usage - deadline for responses Friday 3-April-2009, Steve Olshansky, 03/23/2009