grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] OpenPTK

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] OpenPTK

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Gabby Capitanchik <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>, , Tim gray <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] OpenPTK
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:58:34 -0600

We are looking at open source provisioning tools to use with Grouper and  are wondering if anyone has looked at, or are using, openPTK (https://openptk.dev.java.net/).

Last year, I casually researched open source provisioners, and looked at source code for Velo, Provisioner (http://sourceforge.net/projects/identitymngr), and OpenPTK. By casual research I mean looking for development activity, the most recent release date, and if I could find any 'references' or mention of referential integrity in the source code. Our ldap directories, Active Directory and Red Hat, handle referential integrity differently so I was looking for configuration knobs/handles to turn. I don't remember finding any. I didn't actually run any code.

Another toolkit is SPML (http://www.openspml.org/), although one would need to provide an spml to ldap connector, which might be significant work. At Memphis, we found the SPML 1.0 toolkit to be, well, rather 1.0, but it looks like version 2 is more advanced, especially in describing references between provisioned objects.

I'm interested in what you turn up in your open source provisioning research.

TomZ

  • OpenPTK, Gabby Capitanchik, 02/27/2009
    • Re: [grouper-users] OpenPTK, Tom Zeller, 02/27/2009