grouper-users - RE: Help with accessing web services

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: Help with accessing web services

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Paul Gazda <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: Help with accessing web services
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:18:59 -0500

Yes!  Finally a request which doesn’t look like a bug.  Though I admit it is weird.

One of the requirements for web services was to have the same object retrieved from web services, be sent on a save.  However, the 4 fields of a group have some redundancy:

name = stemName:extension

displayName = stemDisplayName:displayExtension

so… if you send a name which is not in sync with the extension, then it will disregard the extension.

If you send a displayName which is not in sync with the displayExtension, it will disregard the displayName.

Might seem a little weird, but it makes sense if you think about it.  Well, at least it does for me… J

I updated the groupSave documentation to mention this:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Group+Save

OK?

You should be able to pull the group up in the UI or GSH and see consistent results.