grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] GrouperWS Obtain permission list from group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] GrouperWS Obtain permission list from group

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Colin Hudler <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] GrouperWS Obtain permission list from group
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:05:49 -0600

> Please forgive if this is obvious and I missed it. Given a StemUUID,
> GroupUUID, StemName, or GroupName, is it possible to make a WS request
> which
> will return a list of subjects possessing a specific permissions on that
> entity?

Yes for groups, no for stems (right now).

I asked a similar question recently and Chris Hyzer provided
the answer. The thread starts at

https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/grouper-users/2009-02/msg00051.html

In a nutshell, use the getMembers() operation and for the
'fieldName' parameter enter one of

admins
members
optins
optouts
readers
updaters
viewers

But see the thread for details. It worked for me.

HTH,

Scott