grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] setting Subject attributes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] setting Subject attributes

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] setting Subject attributes
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:48:25 +0100

Hi Gary,

Again, thx a lot for your explanation to a Grouper newby ;)

On Thursday 05 February 2009 14:24:47 you wrote:
> not even for internal subjects.
>
> You can set:
>
> # To change the internal names for GrouperAll and GrouperSystem
> # uncomment and change. Review UI nav.properties to ensure consistency

I meant "g:isa" (example) subjects, not the GrouperSystem account.

> The UI, through resources/grouper/media.properties, allows you to configure
> attributes to display - depending on the Source id:
>
> # Provides backwards compatability - it was assumed that all Subjects woud
> have a 'description' attribute
> subject.display.default=description

But then I assume that 'description' or 'name' will be retrieved from
subjectattributes, which are not set by addSubject() to begin with.
I guess adding a 'description' attribute to subjectattributes for the added
subject by addSubject() would fix this "beginners problem" and would be a
logical thing to do, given the apparent "testing" character of addSubject()
you referred to.

If so, then that would be my next feature request. Any developer listening? ;)

Regards,
Martin