grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] WS replaceAllExisting behavior

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] WS replaceAllExisting behavior

  • From: Colin Hudler <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] WS replaceAllExisting behavior
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:07:50 -0600

FYI, I just tried the 1.4.1 release. Of course, it works just perfectly. Thanks!

Chris Hyzer wrote:
This is fixed and tested in the GROUPER_1_4 branch of grouper-ws which will
be in the 1.4.1 release next week.

Sorry about the problem.

<snip>

Colin, thanks for the detailed report of the problem it saved time.

Yes, this looks like a bug. My unit tests were checking the return
code, but didn’t take the extra step of seeing that the members were
still members. I changed the unit test so it now fails, and I see what
the issue is... it seems if you add a Subject object to a Set, and
then see if the subject is in Set, it will always return false since
this Subject doesn’t override the equals()/hashcode() methods. So I
will change it so it doesn’t use a set... will be fixed in 1.4.1 which
will come out soon.

Thanks!

From: Colin Hudler
[mailto:]

Greetings,

My question is about this short grouper session, where I set
replaceAllExisting to 'T', and it removes members from my list that
were already in the group, even though they are in the PUT xml.

Please let me know if that is expected behavior. Please see my
attached session, where I hope the problem is made clear.

  • Re: [grouper-users] WS replaceAllExisting behavior, Colin Hudler, 02/03/2009