grouper-users - admin privileges but not membership?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

admin privileges but not membership?

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: admin privileges but not membership?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:50:12 -0600

Is it possible for a subject (a person in particular) to have
admin privileges for a group but not be a member of the group?

The specific use case is this: a subject wants to be able to
manage the membership of a group (add and remove other
subjects) but not be a member of the group and therefore not
show up in the 'hasMember' and 'member' attributes in the
groups reflection into our LDAP server. We use ldappc to
provision from Grouper into the LDAP server.

I would be grateful for suggestions on how best to support
that use case.

Scott