grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] WS replaceAllExisting behavior

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] WS replaceAllExisting behavior

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Colin Hudler <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] WS replaceAllExisting behavior
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:23:16 -0500

Colin, thanks for the detailed report of the problem it saved time.

Yes, this looks like a bug. My unit tests were checking the return code, but
didn’t take the extra step of seeing that the members were still members. I
changed the unit test so it now fails, and I see what the issue is... it
seems if you add a Subject object to a Set, and then see if the subject is in
Set, it will always return false since this Subject doesn’t override the
equals()/hashcode() methods. So I will change it so it doesn’t use a set...
will be fixed in 1.4.1 which will come out soon.

Thanks!
Chris