grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] educause grouper presentation

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] educause grouper presentation

  • From: Steve Olshansky <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] educause grouper presentation
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:21:38 -0700

Thanks for sharing this Chris and Bill. We have added a PDF version in the wiki as well, on the Grouper "Documents and Presentations" page.
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2121

Cheers-
Steve

On Jan 14, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Chris Hyzer wrote:

Hey,

Bill Kasenchar (from Penn) and I just presented at Educause Mid- Atlantic Regional Conference about grouper and Penn’s implementation of grouper (called PennGroups).

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/download/attachments/2121/20090114_PennGroupsEducause.ppt?version=1

Slides 1-12: about Penn, and business description of our use cases, etc
- Folder hierarchy
- Use cases

Slides 15-49: technical stuff, architecture diagrams, whats new with grouper 1.4, etc… [also note, a lot of these slides have a lot of comments which have more info than just the bullets on the slide]
- UI (including the new type/attribute tooltips)
- WS (including how the samples are auto-generated)
- Grouper client
- Grouper loader
- Configuration checking
- Daily report
- Startup message
- Binary distribution
- Encrypted passwords
- Hooks
- new DDL management (bonus material which we didn’t actually get to at the conference J )

Regards,

Steve Olshansky
Internet2 Middleware & Security Flywheel
http://www.internet2.edu/middleware/
http://www.internet2.edu/security/