grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] problems with 1.4.0 RC1 quickstart

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] problems with 1.4.0 RC1 quickstart

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Aaron Fuleki <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] problems with 1.4.0 RC1 quickstart
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:12:24 -0500

I asked him for the steps to reproduce, and he said he had already fixed the
problem by restarting tomcat after doing the war target and copying over the
war file...

Btw, "net.sf.hibernate" went away with the last hibernate upgrade, it is now
"org.hibernate", or "log4j.logger.org.hibernate". I updated the
log4j.example.properties which still had the old way.

I would hope that a DB connection problem would be logged with error or
greater level with config checking on grouper startup.

Also, if there are still places where this screen error occurs and there is
nothing specific in the logs at an error level or greater, I would like to be
able to reproduce to see if there is a way to make sure it is logged, we need
explicit error messages, especially if the screen says "The error has been
logged"

Regards,
Chris