grouper-users - Provisioning group membership to AD

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Provisioning group membership to AD

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Provisioning group membership to AD
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:26:53 -0500 (EST)

In trying to provision flat group membership to both LDAP and AD it seems
that the grouper naming convention "stem:group" would fail when provisioning
groups to the AD.

This looks like when AD auto-populates the "pre windows2000" group name, or
more specifically the sAMAccountName and has no way of handling the ":" I was
thinking of generating a converted group name and storing as an attribute
with the group, then when provisioning trying the "group-attribute-mapping"
to workaround this...

<group-attribute-mapping ldap-object-class="">
<group-attribute-map group-attribute="groupsAMAccountNameConversion"
ldap-attribute="sAMAccountName" />
</group-attribute-mapping>

This way, the AD group would still hold the correct CN in relation to
grouper... but I'm curious of what issues a non-matching pre-windows 2000
name would create.

...but before I go barking up the wrong/right tree... has anyone else
encountered something similar and had any success with other solutions?

TIA,
Ray W.